Tuesday, February 22, 2011

righteousness

You, Lord, have made me righteous (in right standing with God) through Faith.  I AM the righteousness (right-ness) of God in Christ (2 Cor 5:21).  I have suffered from feelings of inferiority and low self-esteem because I did not understand righteousness.  But You made it clear:  righteousness makes me confident; righteousness makes me bold; righteousness is my scepter of the kingdom (Heb 1:8); and in righteousness I am as bold as a lion (Prov 28:1).
You called me out and told me to go in your name (Mark 16:15); You commanded me to be separate from the world (John 17:14-15) - but not alone (Matt 28:20) and not helpless in the attacks that will come (Psalms 23:4) because You live IN me and cause me to be greater (1 John 4:4).
You told me that I would be hated because of You (Matt 10:22) but if I stand firm - I will be saved.
My standing firm only comes from You and because of the Joy You give me.  (Neh 8:10).
My righteousness comes from the Lord.  That you may be glorified in all the earth.
Amen.

No comments: