Friday, February 25, 2011

Truth is a Comfort

Lord, you saw my sadness at the unexpected death of my kids step-mom.  I remembered the lessons you've taught me lately - in particular the one about "no more sadness" - and I fumbled with it's activation in this situation.  But You are always "at the ready" with an explanation for me; and even though I wasn't searching for one - I was reaching to You for Your comfort, Your presence; and You gave me my answer; even though I didn't ask.
{Matt 22 - . . .have you not read what God said to you, 32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.” }

I SEE IT!  Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are NOT dead - but alive!  They are alive!
This very sweet lady is not dead; she knew You, Lord; and she is alive - right now!

These were Jesus's words.  They are in RED.  I know a preacher who constantly says "Red words WIN".

You are so good, Lord.  Your comfort is REAL; it isn't just a pat on the back and a shoulder to cry on; it is Truth.  I never thought of Truth as a Comfort.

No comments: