Friday, January 14, 2011

Isaiah 54:11-12

11 " . . . behold, I will set your stones in fair colors [in antimony to enhance their brilliance] and lay your foundations with sapphires.
    12And I will make your windows and pinnacles of [sparkling] agates or rubies, and your gates of [shining] carbuncles, and all your walls [of your enclosures] of precious stones.

He pointed specifically to this scripture when I asked Him about my business and future.  And the first time I read it, it didn't sink into my heart.  But He kept impressing me to read it over and over.  And when I did - suddenly this jumped out and the light bulb turned on.  I saw how beautiful this was, and how oppulent, how rich, how strong, and how amazing this would be.  I imagined seeing this building from far away and realized that it would shine and gleam like nothing I've ever seen.  It would attract people from all over the world, who would come to see it.  And they would sit in front of it amazed.  They would sit for hours just to appreciate the beauty.  Then they would want to touch the gates and the walls to see what that kind of oppulence feels like.  This picture is not something that most of us can even imagine.  But God did.  And this was how he saw His people.  Even after their turmoil and disobedience - this was how He saw them, this was how He was building them.
And then He let me know that THIS is His intentions for ALL His people.  But even more than that, He impressed on me NOT to limit this to just a spiritual sphere.  His interest in me - in us - covers EVERY aspect of life.  His intentions covers EVERY aspect of life.
But I have to SEE it to ACCEPT it.
I was stunned.  It took me a long time to comprehend what He was saying to me.  I held the Word gingerly in my hands as I slowly began to comprehend what He was saying to me.  And I realized that how I see myself is sooooooooooooo much less than He sees me.
It brought tears to my eyes - and a thrill to my life.
As Mary said - I said, "let it be unto me as You have spoken".  Amen.

No comments: