Wednesday, October 27, 2010

thrilling joy!?

yeah, thrilling joy!  Hard to type that phrase without using all Caps. 
I couldn't sleep yet and went to Bible Gateway to read the daily verse; which drew me into the whole chapter of 1 Peter 1.
Verse 8 captured my attention just now "Without having seen Him, you love Him; though you do not [even] now see Him, you believe in Him and exult and thrill with inexpressible and glorious (triumphant, heavenly) joy."
Wow!  I know that.  I go there with Him, often, every moment I can.  I don't even have to close my eyes anymore. 
Thank you, Jesus, for hearing my prayer that time the kids were in a car accident and I was home, high.  I remembered Momma said to pray.  I did.  And you heard me.  They didn't have a scratch on them.
Thank you again, when I lost my job and my apartment; an old friend called and invited me to come stay.  3 weeks and it was such a blessing.
Thank you also, for that time I was sick and I heard that voice "you're dying" and I knew it was true.  You made that person who didn't love me, come bursting into my room and grab me up and drag me to the doctor; who said I would have been dead by tomorrow.
And there is so much more.  You did these things even though I didn't deserve them.  I wasn't honoring you, following you, trusting in you, listening to you; but still you heard me.
And now this . . . this thrilling joy . . . that is . . . right . . . there . . . anytime I want to touch it.
Thank you :-)

No comments: