Tuesday, December 23, 2014

God's enjoyment

Lately I've been thinking about Jesus living in me.  I used to describe it using a toothpick stuck in the middle of my fist.  And I'd say the toothpick was Jesus and the fist was me.  But as I let Jesus grow inside me the toothpick would expand into a branch and then a log and my fist had to open up to let this happen.  So, every day in my prayers I would ask Him to help me LET Him grow; that I would surrender more.  Then I would ask Him to use me however He wanted to use me that day.  Sometimes He actually did.  And that was awesome!  It was the greatest high ever!  And I would crave it.  I'd crave for it to happen again . . . soon.  No, soon wasn't soon enough.  And I kept thinking about how I could LET Jesus grow inside me and actually become more of Him and less of me.
Now, He says to me that I'M LIVING IN JESUS.  Not the other way around.  Ok.  Wow.  That took my mind and bent it all around into a totally different direction.  And I had to let that settle into my heart.  I'm living in Jesus.  I'm living through Jesus.  That means I'm not the one making the choices anymore.  I don't have to beg Him to use me; He's the one orchestrating my day already.  So, if He's using me to talk to someone, or using me to stand and stare at the beauty of the mountains.  I thought that if I wasn't actually talking about Jesus to someone, then He wasn't using me.  I thought that all the chores and things of the day were really getting in the way of Jesus using me.  But now that I think He's already in charge here; well, then, maybe He likes doing chores.  After all, He doesn't have a body anymore - except ours.  Imagine if you didn't have a body.  Maybe after awhile, you'd actually miss those mundane things like washing your face, cooking dinner, doing the laundry, walking the dog, cleaning the carpets . . . and such.
OK, no, no, no I'm not being sacreligious.  I'm not.  I'm saying that Jesus loves LIVING through us.  And if we really let that sink into our hearts we could actually enjoy being ALIVE.
Maybe linger longer over that beautiful sunset, instead of rushing away to . . . find someone to "witness" to about Jesus.  Besides, that only works when the Holy Spirit directs you to do it because He's already been working on them and got them to the point that they need to talk to someone now . . . and usually that's only to confirm that they are already way ahead of you.
You see . . . there's that REST "thing" that He told us to do.  Why?  Because I think originally before Adam & Eve messed it up, God said He rested.  What was He doing while He rested?  He just ENJOYED.  He enjoyed.  He enjoyed everything He created.  He enjoyed strolling along in the cool of the evening just chatting.  He enjoyed looking at all the beauty and saying things like "that's really good".
The whole point of all the years between then and now . . . is to GET IT BACK.  Get what back?  The RESTING.  The enjoying.
Remember that tomorrow . . . Jesus loves living through you.  So, sit back and enjoy the ride.  See where He goes.  He'll probably go do all the things you've been doing all along, but He'll enjoy them.
Hmmm?

No comments: