Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Come on get up & go forward

As I walk along, I glory in the Word of God that brings me
messages of comfort and direction along the way; often specifically designed to
speak to my situation.  God, in His
unfailing and uncompromised Love, directs these messages to reach me at just
the right moment when I need them most.
I glory in this; that He loves me this much to take the time, take the
initiative, and take the energy to send me a message.  How awesome is that thought?


God sent me – just me specifically – a message.  It was FULL of love.  It was SO FULL of love that it overwhelmed
me.  GOD!
GOD, HIMSELF!  Who would have
thought that God, Himself, would bother to send ME a message?  Who am I?


Well, apparently, I became His beloved Daughter when I
became born again.  All these years I
thought of myself as a tiny, little piece of God’s creation, floating along
somewhere in His vast universe, hoping to just be a good enough follower to
hear Him say “Well done, good and faithful servant.” when I reach the throne in
heaven.  But other than that, not very
worthy of anything at all, let alone His attention to actually send me a
message; especially not during something that is just my own emotion hang-up
I’m trying to overcome.


But, it has happened so many times now; and still I’m
overwhelmed when it happens again.  It
ABSOLUTELY humbles me!  It drops me right
to my knees.  God is not only caring
about my struggles with my own imperfections and mistakes that He cares to
encourage me, Himself!  He isn’t judging
me or wagging His finger at me or even advising me, oh so gently.


No!  He only tells me
with SO MUCH LOVE just to be assured that He loves me and everything is going
to be just fine.  So I can go ahead and
get back up off my self-imposed floor of guilt and condemnation and
“butt-kicking”; and forgive myself so I can go forward.


Go forward.  That is
His only advice.  Go forward.


Really?  What about
berating me?  What about wagging a finger
at me in disappointment and shame?  What
about telling me “you knew better, didn’t you?”?  What about . . . ?


None of that.
None.  Just plain, none.  Zip.
Nada.

Just “come on, I love you, go forward”.  Wow.

Wow.

Wow.

Really?  REALLY?

REALLY!

Wow!

September 19, 2011 at 6:09pm

No comments: