Saturday, January 21, 2012

the trouble with getting offended

After being offended and having people offended at me so many times, Lord, you pointed out to me what an enemy "offence" is to You.  And just like a vision that unfolds before our eyes, I saw all the situations and circumstances in my own life when "offence" played the key role.  But the most profound revelation was seeing the = sign at the end of each situation.  Behind that sign was always a destructive end.
[i.e. - Joe spoke; Jane was offended; and it equaled . . . anger, hate, insecurity, sorrow, etc.]

Why do we see 'being offended' as such a natural and common response to daily situations when You observe it as an enemy?  Why do we accept it as an outcome when You warn us so pointedly?

Please help me, Lord, to do as you always did - walk away from being offended; to make the decision 'I will not play in this game of destruction'. 

No comments: