Sunday, January 2, 2011

Abide

Today as I talked to Him, He seemed to be so intent on listening to me; just as a friend would lean over and look intently into your eyes as you try to describe something important.  I paused a minute and thought 'why would He do that when He already knows my thoughts?'  And immediately I knew.  Because "He is my friend".  He wants me to confide in Him in the same way that I would my best friend.  Not to come to Him and complain about something or tell Him my list of wishes or tell Him of everything that went wrong today.  Yes, I can do that.  But He doesn't enjoy that anymore than I do.  So, I was talking to Him about a business meeting coming up soon.  It is important to me that He is deeply involved.  He assured me that He would be.  I actually "gave" Him the meeting and asked Him to orchestrate it.  Then He gave me a scripture and assured me that it was His special Word to me for this time in my life.
I read it and tears filled my eyes.  And I was overwhelmed with His thoughts of me. 
It was a bit like having the President call me on the phone and tell me that he knows about me and what kind of person I am and how much he thinks of me.  My first thought would be 'how does the President even know about me out of millions and millions of people'?  And why would he care to call me and tell me anything at all?  And why would he be so "nice" to ME????
But this was even better than THAT!  This was GOD!!! 
I actually sobbed for a few minutes.  I was so overwhelmed.
After a few minutes I felt Him ask "why are you crying?"  And I didn't know how to answer.  But I stammered out something about it being so wonderful.
He just said "I understand".

No comments: