Sunday, December 5, 2010

How to celebrate

Yesterday, I asked Him how to celebrate Him.  I really want to.  But I want to do something that would really mean something to Him.  After all, I can't run out and buy Him a gift like I would do for a friend.  What can we give God?  Worship.  That came to me first.  It is the one thing He desires most from us.  So, I turned to Psalms again and immediately found chapters 145, 146 & 147.  I read them aloud to Him with all my heart.  It was definately beautiful worship.
And as my heart soared with the beauty, the holiness, and the love . . . and suddenly He gave me a gift.  A promise.  He dropped it into my soul.
I hesitate to share it with you.  Why?  It's a little like something so special; so very, very special; like I'm still staring at it in awe.  Maybe soon.
It's so beautifully ironic that in my search to find a way to celebrate Him . . . and in the middle of that celebration . . . He gives ME something. 

No comments: