Wednesday, January 25, 2012

FAMILY - FAMILIES

Wow!  In Your Presence I see every member of my family as though they were floating individually through the smoke of Your Essence; swirling by me one by one; gliding gently as though Your hand were beneath them softly supporting.  And as I see each beautiful face; each child; each spouse; each grandchild; my heart is so full of thanksgiving.  You blessed me with them.  Each one of them; so beautiful; each one so unique.  And as they come to the foreground in front of me, I see all there is about them; their strengths and weaknesses; their hopes and their failures; and I'm amazed at the whole package of each one.  Then they drift and swing into the background as another sweeps foreward before me. 

But I notice those in the background.  And suddenly I wondered.  What if that meant that I lost one in this life?  Whether it was to separation geographically, or emotional trauma, or marriage dissolution, or death.  Normally, such a thought of horror; but strangely in this setting; Your Presence; I know that whether they are before me or in the background, they are still completely in Your Presence.  They are still being held and supported in Your hand; still floating in the essence of You - LOVE; still visible to me through You; still known by me in You.


I am so, so very thankful for this vision, my Lord.  It is so extremely comforting to my Mother's heart as I love them and care for them all from afar.  Because they are no longer sitting in my lap or playing at my feet.  It's lonely from afar.

But thank you also, Lord, that at this stage of my life, you cared to give me the best friends I have ever had.  And they stick close by and spend constant time.  It makes me chuckle because I think we are mostly forgotten, but we are here together.  We freely accept each other.  We freely give to each other.  We are comfortable in jammies and slippers.  And we don't care if we're pretty or messy.
It's a whole new world I never knew about when I was a Mommie.

And it's surprisingly beautiful.

So.  I actually have it all.  I have THEM all.  ALWAYS!  They are NEVER gone.

Cool!

No comments: