Tuesday, June 21, 2011

You hear my thoughts!

I just looked up how many verses of scripture are in the Bible. 31,102.  Wow.
How many hundreds of times, Lord, you have heard my prayer, or just heard my thought, and answered me with a scripture.  Why am I still so amazed that out of 31,102 verses of scripture, You can find the exact one that talks to me and my issue?
It was just what I thought of as a fleeting thought, a silly thought, an insignificant thought, that didn't really deserve a prayer or even a formulation into spoken word; but I thought it, and You heard it. 
"all the plans You have for my life . . . how is this really going to work at my age?"
I didn't bring this thought to you because I've battled it before and I know You can do anything with anyone who is willing; and age is not a concern for You.  So I ignored it this time and went on about my busy day.
At some point an hour or two later, I sat down at my desk with a sigh of thankfulness for the beauty of the day and the many blessings in my life.  I glanced at my Bible laying open at Hebrews 11:11 and read, "because of faith also Sarah herself received physical power to conceive a child, even when she was long past the age for it, because she considered [God] Who had given her the promise to be reliable and trustworthy and true to His word."  I have heard that Sarah was 90 years old, or something like that, when she gave birth to Issac.
OK.  So, out of 31,102 verses of the Bible, You orchestrated THAT verse to catch my eye at this moment.  You heard my thought.  You cared to answer it even though I didn't think it was worthy of bringing it to You.
How kind!  How thoughtful!  How caring you are to me!
Immediately I heard Your question, "do you believe My promises to you?"
And next, "do you believe I am reliable, trustworthy and true to My word?"
I closed my eyes and saw all the promises You have given me.  I saw them simply as a collage of sorts hanging before me.  And I asked myself, "do you believe these?"  Then I waited a moment for my most basic instinct; my deepest trust; to answer.
It was a very simple "yes".  It was as simple as answering the question "is the sky blue?" and just as basic.
Next question, "do I believe You are reliable, trustworthy and true?"
That answer didn't have to be searched.  It immediately leaped from my heart "YES! with my very life!"
Suddenly, I knew that this question of age would never rear itself in my mind again.  It was dispatched with complete finality.
My heart melted and tears came to my eyes.  You are God!  And You would take the time to care about my thought. Your love to me in this moment, was so amazing.  That you would bother to answer a question I had not even deemed worthy of asking.  All because of Your love.
You deserve so much more than  . . .  my life.  It's all I have to give.

No comments: