Sunday, February 6, 2011

unquestioningly

"God has something better for you than you have ever had in the past. Come out into all the fulness of faith and power and life and victory that He is willing to provide, as you forget the things of the past, and press right on for the prize of His high calling in Christ Jesus."  Smith Wigglesworth.

Struggling with my past and the mistakes I've made; I know they cannot be undone; I can only be forgiven.  In His mercy He reminds me of Moses - who murdered.  But God called Him to be a leader.  God didn't undo the murder and bring the murdered man back to life.  But thru it, God turned Moses into the man of God that HE wanted him to be.  Not what anyone else wanted him to be.  Only what God wanted him to be.
If mistakes and horrible pasts do anything for me at all; I want them to make me into the woman God wants of me . . . no one elses idea, not even mine - just God's idea.  He has grand ideas and I find that as I'm humbled by my own complete helplessness to fix anything - even myself - He finds that to be a welcome open door to begin a molding and leading into directions I didn't expect.
At the same time, He asks me to leave what was behind.  Leave it . . . unfixed.  And follow Him unquestioningly forward. 

No comments: